This week we have been learning:
We have been finishing off our learning about dinosaurs. We read a story called ‘Tom and the dinosaur egg’. Tom found an egg and he looked after it until it hatched. BUT the egg was no ordinary egg, it was a dinosaur egg!! Tom looked after the dinosaur but he grew so big that Tom had to take him home. We then found an egg in our classroom! We looked after it until it hatched but we did not know what could be inside. Here are some ideas of what we thought would be inside.
It started to crack and we noticed it was green and had a big yellow eye, and then it hatched…
… into a crocodile!!
In phonics this week we learnt the sounds:
- ‘n’ – down Nobby, up Nobby over his net,
- ‘i’ – down his body, dot for his head
Please go over these at home as well as the ones we have already learnt. s, a, m, p and d.
In maths this week we were counting bones in the packing chips, talked about size, finding the correct size egg for the dinosaurs and we continued our learning on 2D shapes.
In RE this week we pretended that we were in church and taking communion. We drank wine (juice) from the chalice and then had some bread. We will be learning more about this during our Easter celebrations over the next 2 weeks.
Next week we will be learning:
- about Easter and the Easter story. We will be acting out the story in class.
- learning the sounds t and g.
- looking at time and how long it takes to do things.
Things you can do at home:
- Continue name writing, the children are doing really well with this.
- Continue looking at the sounds we have learnt.
- Everyday counting and recognising numbers.
- Talk to the children about Easter and the reason we celebrate it.
As you maybe aware we said Happy retirement to Mrs Cosma this week and we wish her the very best in her retirement. We would like to welcome Miss Kelly to the nursery team.
Thank you again for your wonderful ongoing support, Mrs Herne
Mrs Lowe, Mrs Bruno, Mrs Cosma and Miss Kelly.