This week we have been:
Learning about dinosaurs. We read a story called ‘Dinosaur chase’, we found out that even small dinosaurs can do many things! We also looked at where dinosaurs lived and how they behaved. We used a story called ’10 little dinosaurs and dinosaur eggs and nests to help us with our counting and estimating. We were exploring dinosaurs in the sand and on the carpet with the big blocks and making dinosaur shapes using the playdough. We have also been painting pictures of dinosaurs of making dinosaur collages. In PE we read ‘Dinosaur chase’ again and moved liked the dinosaurs to the story.
This week we have started learning the sounds of the letters. We have learnt the sounds ‘m’ and ‘a’. We have been using a rhyme to help us remember how to write the sound.
- m – Maisy, mountain, mountain.
- a – around the apple down the leaf.
This week we received some tiny caterpillars in the post! We are going to look after them and watch them grow and see what happens to them.
In RE this we learnt about how Jesus loves me. We now know that Jesus loves us and that he is always watching over us. We made badges for us to wear and keep at home to remind us that Jesus loves us.
Next week we will be:
- Learning about dinosaurs in the dark and exploring what it is like to be in the dark.
- Learning the sounds ‘s’ and ‘d’.
- Learning about symmetry.
- Learning about clean Monday and making celebration kites.
How you can help at home:
- Writing the children’s names.
- Playing number games.
- Practise our sounds from this weeks phonics learning, m/a.
- Parents consultations are on Monday 4th and Wednesday 6th March from 4:00pm-7:00pm. If you would like to come and see me please book online or call the office.
Thank you for your support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno