Dinosaurs – Time
This week we have been:
Learning about time, using the story ‘Dinosaur time’. We enjoyed listening to the story ‘Dinosaur time’, we were able to retell the story using the pictures of the main parts of the story and had fun moving to the story in PE. We then explored the stopwatches and timers and used them in many different ways. We looked at changes over time and that some things take longer to happen, we looked at our timetable and leant about what we do on each day of the week and looked at photos of our caterpillars growing and how they have changed.
In phonics this week we learnt:
- n – down Nobby, over his net.
- p – down his hair, up and around his face.
In RE this week we have been learning about Noah’s ark, a story from the bible. We watched a video story and then used the sand and water trays to tell the story. We also enjoyed painting our own rainbows, this is God’s way of telling us he loves and cares for us.
This week we have been taking care of our special egg and our cocoons. Our egg has hatched into a dinosaur! We are having lots of fun playing with him and helping him explore our classroom. We are looking forward to seeing what happens to our cocoons.
This week we have also been learning where we can find out information about dinosaurs. We enjoyed looking through our non-fiction books and talking about what we found out.
Next week we will be:
- Learning about the different foods that dinosaurs eat.
- Learning the sounds g and o.
- Exploring sets of numbers/objects saying when they have the same amount.
- Celebrating Mother’s Day and The Annunciation.
How you can help at home:
- Writing the children’s names.
- Playing games and practing the sounds we have learnt so far. m, a, s, d, i, n, t, p.
- Explore the changes you can see during spring.
- Practise how to do up zips and buttons, focusing on the children coats.
Thank you you for your ongoing support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno