Chinese New Year
This week we have been:
Celebrating Chinese New Year! We read a story called ‘Dragon dance’ which explained how people celebrate Chinese New Year in their homes. We also read the ‘Chinese zodiac story’ and used masks, pictures and puppets to re-tell the story. We have been making fortune cookies using the play dough, making Chinese food in our Chinese role-play, exploring noodles in the water tray, dancing with a large Chinese dragon and making our own dragons using a range of techniques and writing in Chinese! We found out that we were born in the year of the goat (2015) or monkey (2016)!!
In phonics this week we have been learning the sounds:
- t – down the tower, across the tower
- i – down his body, dot for his head
- n – down Nobby, up Nobby, over his net
In science this week we explored pushing and pulling. We used Kit and Pup to show us what push and pull is, we sorted pictures in push and pull, we acted and sang ‘Row, row, row your boat’ pushing our feet and pulling our friends hands and we explored the classroom for things that you push and pull.
Next week we will be:
- Learning about transport on the land.
- Re-visiting 2D shape and exploring numbers to 10.
- Continuing the creation story with how God made the land.
- Exploring Long and short.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing.
- Writing numbers to 10.
- Reading with your child and talking about the story.
- Mark making in their home learning books.
Thank you for your ongoing support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Bruno and Mrs Lowe