People who help us – Police services
This week we have been:
Learning about what the police do and what they need to be able to do their job. We have been using non-fiction books and reading police stories. We also used the police small world and pretended to be policemen and women.
In maths this week we have been learning about the number 8 and counting using the book ‘1 is a snail and 10 is a crab’. We also learnt how to count in 10’s to 100!!
In science this week have been exploring liquids and solids! We know that runny things are liquids and hard things are solid.
In RE we have been learning about what we would see when we go to church to think about God and Jesus. We watched a video showing inside a Greek Orthodox church, there are lots of icons!
Next week we will be:
- Learning about people who help us at the bakers, we will be reading and making Gingerbread men.
- Learning about number 9.
- Thinking about how we show our love in Gods house, the church.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name and number writing.
- Playing number games.
- Explore liquid and solid at home.
- Talk to the children about what you can when you go to church.
Please ensure that the children’s costumes are in school by Friday 4th December!
Thank you for your support, Mrs Herne
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno.