This week we have been learning:
About dinosaurs. Each week we will be learning something new about dinosaurs and this week we have been learning about where dinosaurs live and how they behave. We read a story called ‘Dinosaur chase’, we learnt where the dinosaurs live, how they behave and what dinosaurs can do. We explored dinosaurs in the sand, made our own dinosaurs at the creative table and have been drawing our own dinosaur pictures.
In phonics this week we have been learning:
- e – cut through the egg and scoop around
- l – down the long leg
- h – down his body and over his back
We have also continued exploring sounds we make with our bodies and voices.
In maths this week we re-visited 2D shape and described what they look like. We have been counting how many sides/edges and points/corners they have. We also made our own 2D shapes using the peg boards.
In RE this week we have been learning about Clean Monday. We read a story which explained about lent and how we celebrate the start of lent. We made pancakes on shrove Tuesday and made our own kites for us the fly on Clean Monday, 2nd March 2020.
In science this week we read ‘The very hungry caterpillar’. We then spoke about caterpillars and what they grow into! We will be exploring this more next week.
Next week we will be:
- Learning about eggs, dinosaur and springtime.
- Exploring symmetry.
- Celebrating Clean Monday.
- Introducing springtime.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing and exploring the sounds that we have learnt so far.
- Playing games with numbers, talking about what happens when you take amounts away and add them.
- Practise the lines for our class assembly.
- Read/watch ‘The very hungry caterpillar’ and talk about the changes. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75NQK-Sm1YY
- Thank you for your support and wishes at my exciting news, I am looking forward to this happy time in my life and your support means a lot.
- Parents consultations will be next week, Monday 2nd March/Thursday 5th March, please don’t forget to book your appointment. This can be done online or through the office.
Thank you for your ongoing support, Mrs Herne
Mrs Bruno and Mrs Lowe.