This week we have been:
Learning about the Easter story, talking about why we celebrate Easter and how. We finished reading the story and finding out what happened at the end. We took part in the whole school liturgy and celebrated this great occasion with the whole school. Please share this video link with the children at home.
This week in phonics we learnt the sounds:
‘o’ – all around the orange.
‘c’ – curl around the caterpillar.
‘k’ – from his head to his foot, tail, leg.
We also learnt that ‘c’ ‘k’ and ‘ck’ all have the same sound.
After the Easter break we will be:
- Learning about people who help us, starting with who helps us in school.
- Looking at the sounds u/b.
- Comparing groups of numbers.
- Learning about the Annunciation.
- Exploring springtime
How you can help at home:
- Enjoy celebrating Easter, talk to the children about what they have learnt in school.
- Talk to the children about signs of spring you may see when your out and about or at home.
- Continue name writing and practising the sounds so far:
s – slither down the snake.
a – around the apple down the leaf.
m – Maisy mountain, mountain.
d – around his bottom, up his tall neck, down to his feet.
p – down his hair, up his hair and around his face.
i – down his body, dot for his head.
n – down Nobby, up Nobby, over his net.
t – down the tower, across the tower.
g – around her face, down her hair and give her a curl.
o – all around the orange.
c – curl around the caterpillar.
k – from his head to his foot, tail, leg.
We hope you have a relaxing break and we look forward to seeing you back in school on Monday 16th April.
Thank you for your wonderful ongoing support, Mrs Herne,
Mrs Lowe, Mrs Bruno and Miss Kelly.