Transport – On the land
This week we have been:
Learning about transport that we use on the land. We read a story called the ‘Train ride’ and drew our own pictures of things we can see from the windows in school and at home. We explored using cars, played with and built train tracks, made our own cars/bikes/lorries/buses and trains using the junk modelling and made cars using the play dough. We also linked this learning to how God made the world and added the next part of the story to our story board, God made the land.
In phonics this week we have been learning the following sounds:
- p – down his hair and around his face.
- g- around her face, down her hair and give her a curl.
- o- all around the orange.
We have been thinking about 2D shapes and talking about everyday items and their shape. We have also been drawing our own shapes, writing the names of the them and turning the them into pictures.
In Science this week we had fun exploring long and short. We watched ‘Kit and Pup’ and then explored items that we had in our box. We found the longest item and the shortest item and compared them with the items in the middle. We then measured children laying down and compared our feet and hand sizes.
Next week we will be learning:
- About transport you would use in the water.
- Counting activities using the story from the week.
- How God made the oceans and seas.
- Exploring waves, heavy and light.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing, please use the names we are sending home to help you with the formation and shape of the letters.
- Counting activities with numbers up to 20.
- Explore measuring at home focusing on long and short.
Thank you for your ongoing support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno.