People who help us – Bakers
This week we have been:
Learning about bakers using the gingerbread man story. We read the story of the gingerbread man using the sand tray to help us. We also made our own gingerbread men! We made the dough, rolled it out, cut out gingerbread men shapes and put them in the oven. We then decorated them!!
We drew a gingerbread man, we drew around Annabeth and then we added 1 nose, 1 mouth, 2 eyes, 3 buttons, 4 friends and 5 fingers on each hand. We also learnt about the number 10 this week.
In RE this week reviewed all our learning about the church and how we show our love to God. We go the church, we light a candle, we take communion and we pray. We pretended to take communion by drinking wine (Ribena) and eating bread. We ahve also been very busy preparing for our Christmas nativity and enjoying creative christmas activities.
Next week we will be:
- Learning about the Christmas story.
- Learning about the number 11 and sorting colours.
- Starting to learn about winter.
- Taking part in the Early years nativity.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing, the children are doing really well at writing their names now!!
- Practice writing and recognising numbers to 10.
- Read the Christmas story with the children.
- Talk to the children about winter and what happens during this season.
- Christmas lunch will be on Wednesday 11th December, please return the slip if you wish your child to stay for Christmas lunch and you will need to pay online. We will take the children to the hall and you will collect them at 12:30pm. If your child is not staying for lunch then you will collect your child as normal at 11:50am. If your child stays all day they will have lunch as normal.
- Our Early years nativity will be on Thursday 12th December at around 9:30am, we hope you can make it. Picking up the children will be normal time 11:50am.
Thank you for all our support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno.