Dinosaurs – Eggs
This week we have been learning:
About eggs! We read ‘Tom and the dinosaur egg’. We have been exploring what kinds of animals come from an egg and we have been making predictions as to what might be inside the egg that has been found in our classroom!!
In phonics this week we have been learning the sounds:
- sh – shhhh says the horse to the hissing snake.
- r – down his body and curl his arm.
- j – down his body, dot for his head.
We have also started putting sounds together to make words.
In maths this week we have been thinking about size and finding the right size eggs for different sized dinosaurs. We ahve also been exploring symmetry and learning about the picture being the same on both sides. We used pictures and cut them in half to check if they were symmetrical or not. We also explored symmetry at the painting table. We also learnt about the number 20 using number blocks to help us.
In Re this week we have been celebrating Clean Monday by flying our kites, we have also learnt the story of Adam and Eve and the first family. We spoke about our families and that families are a group of people that care for each other, we then decided that we were a family and we drew a picture with everybody from our class for everyone to see.
In science this week we explored thick and thin, the best way to do this was by painting and using different size paint brushes.
Next week we will be:
- Time, through a Dinosaur story.
- Learning the sounds v, y and w and starting to blend sounds to make words.
- Counting and looking at a clock face.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing using the formation given to you at parents consultations.
- Combining sets of numbers and finding a total.
- Explore spring at home and when you are outside.
Thank yo for your ongoing support, Mrs Herne
Mrs Bruno and Mrs Lowe.