Chinese New Year
This week we have been:
Celebrating Chinese New Year. We read a book called ‘Dragon dance’ which explained how people celebrate Chinese New Year at home. We also read the Chinese zodiac story and acted out the story using the masks and finger puppets in the sand. We enjoyed playing with real noodles in the water tray and pretend noodles in our Chinese restaurant role play. We ordered numbers to 10 using a Chinese dragon, enjoyed dancing with our Chinese dragon, explored writing in Chinese, explored making fortune cookies with the play dough and making Chinese dragon chatterboxes. On Friday we all enjoyed our Chinese New Year party!! We made cakes and pancakes using Dinky’s eggs and danced with the dragon, scarves and large fan, we had lots of fun!!
Next week we will investigations week, we will be:
- Exploring WWF, focusing on elephants.
- Reading several Elmer the elephant stories.
- Learning about money, focusing on 1p coins.
- Looking at elephant habitats.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing.
- Play number games, focusing on numbers up to 20.
- Just a reminder that the doors in nursery open at 8:40am and the children should be in class by 8:50am. We also open the gate at 11:50pm, this is our finishing time.
- Milk, until further notice we will only be giving milk to those children that have applied for it. The company were sending more than we needed and we were able to offer it to all children however they are now only sending enough for the children that have applied. It’s not too late, the children are entitled to free milk until they are 5 years old just use this link to apply. Please be aware it could take a week or two for the list to be updated.
Thank you for your support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno.