This week we have been:
Learning about the dark using the story ‘Dinosaurs after dark’ to help us. We explored a dark cave, we needed to use torches to see where we were going and to help us spot nocturnal animals. We also have been exploring dinosaurs in the water and in the sand. In PE this week we explored what it would be like to have no sight and be in the dark. We had great fun exploring wearing blindfolds and guiding each other around the hall.
In phonics this week we have been learning:
- s – slither down the snake
- d – around his bottom, up his tall neck, down to his feet.
In RE this week we learnt about Clean Monday and why we will be celebrating it on Monday. We read a story called ‘George and his new school’, we found out that Clean Monday marks the first week of leant and that there will be 7 weeks until Easter. Please use this link and share this story at home.
In maths this week we used the hungry caterpillar story to make symmetrical butterflies! We learnt that symmetrical means ‘its the same on both sides’. We also played a matching game where we needed to complete the heart shape and make it symmetrical.
We also celebrated pancake day this week. We had lots of fun making pancakes using flour, water and eggs. We also sang a song about how to make a pancake! We hope you enjoyed your pancakes!
We read ‘The very hungry caterpillar’ and discussed what we think will happen to our caterpillars. We have been watching our caterpillars grow, they are eating lots and getting very fat now!
Next week we will be:
- Continuing our dinosaur topic, focusing on Dinosaur eggs!
- Designing eggs and talking about different animals that hatch from eggs.
- Learning the sounds t and i.
- Revisiting 2d shape.
- learning about spring.
- Celebrating clean Monday.
- Celebrating world book day.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing
- Practise the sounds from this week, s and d.
- Playing number games.
- If you wish your child to have milk, it is free you just need to apply online. Go to ‘coolmilk’ online.
- World book day is 12th March. The children can come to school dressed as a book character.
Thank you for your going support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Bruno and Mrs Lowe.