People who help us – When we going shopping
This week we have been:
Learning about people who help us in the supermarket. We looked at a non-fiction book and used the pictures to help us. There are lots of people that help in the supermarket to make sure we can go and shop safely. We have been busy making shopping lists and playing in the shops inside and outside. We also read a story called ‘Supermarket Zoo’. The mum in the story went shopping for animals!!!, it was a funny story. We then looked at the shops we might see near our school. We noticed there are manly different shops around us and there do not all sell food.
In maths this week we have learning how to count and write to 6. We have also been buying and making current buns and using the song to help us.
In science this week we explored floating and sinking. We used Kit and Pup to show us what floating and sinking was and then we explored floating and sinking in the water tray, we found looks of things in our class that float and sink. Please use the link below and play along with the game.
In RE this week we have been learning about remembrance day which we will take part in on Monday 11th November. We have made a special wreath and made our own poppies for us to wear. We also watched a video which showed us what it was like during the war. Please use the link and share the video at home.
Next week we will be:
- Learning about the post office
- Learning about the number 7 and starting to learn about money.
- Thinking about Gods house, the church.
- Taking part in remembrance day.
- Exploring heavy and light.
- Talking about being different and unique.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing.
- Writing numbers to 6.
- Explore floating and sinking at bathtime.
- Please encourage your child to read with you as much as possible, we can change your book as much as you like but we would like to see your child’s book changed at least once a week.
Thank you for your support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno