Hello, Year 2,
We hope that you are all keeping well. With Easter now fast approaching we hope you all have a blessed Easter and do take the time to relax and enjoy celebrating at home with loved ones. Earlier in the week, Mrs Mantilas said to see this work as guidance. If you feel your children would prefer to do other activities such as cooking or spending their time outdoors, do not feel obliged to pressure your children to complete all the work. As always the mental wellbeing of your children comes first so take your judgment as to what you want your children to do. However, below are some things you could do if you choose to.
This week you will have some more spellings to learn as part of your home learning. Once you have learned these spellings using apostrophes put the words into a sentence. These are listed below.
Also, continue to learn about the Easter Story writing about each day in different narrative forms.
You have also now been given access to a really cool website called Busy Things. On this website, there are lots of cool learning activities and games for you to complete. Some have been assigned but there are others you could choose to do as well. Each class has been given there own login. Below it is for Crete Class. Santorini yours will be coming soon and is on the way.
To access the website and your assigned activities you need to:
- Go to the website https://www.busythings.co.uk/lgfl-login/
- Click ‘log in’ in the top right corner
- Click ‘click to log in with LGFL’
- Children then use their Purple Mash logins or their LGFL passwords to log into sight.
- Click on your class name
- Go to assignments.
You have also been signed up to Epic which is an amazing online library with some fantastic books for you to read as well. Some you can read by yourselves, others are read aloud and some have been assigned to you. The login details are for Crete class; again Santorini class is to follow.
To access the website and your assigned reading you need to:
- Go to the website https://www.getepic.com/students
- Enter the class code for Crete which is luw8364
- You will see the books assigned for Crete class and will also have the option to choose your own
- Finally, GET READING!!!! 🙂 and ENJOY :-)!!!
Your home learning project is to make a poster about the life cycle of plants. (You could also research the lifecycle of trees and flowers.) Your poster must describe how plants need water, light and a suitable temperature to grow and stay healthy by explaining what conditions plants need to grow well and why. Features that must be included in your poster is:
- Headings and Subheadings
- Labels, arrows and captions
- Bullet or Numbered points
- Fun Facts
- Bright and Vibrant pictures and fonts
For Literacy and Numeracy please continue with the activities that have been uploaded for you to choose from in order to help you practice different skills over different topics.
Other Useful Links you may wish to use are:
- White Rose – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/
- Maths with Carol Vorderman – https://www.themathsfactor.com
- English with David Walliams –https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
Virtual Days Out
As it is the Easter holidays go on some virtual days out. Attached is a list of places you can visit around the world – try to do one a day and work through the list over the coming weeks. The list is below. If the website doesn’t open straight from the link, right-click and then paste into your browser.
Take care of yourselves and each other, stay safe and stay at home.
Miss Raval and Mrs Mukisa