Welcome to Crete and Santorini class,
This week in Numeracy we have been very busy focusing on the multiples of 10 and adding and subtracting mentally. We have also been learning about measuring objects using a ruler to calculate length in cm.
In Literacy we have been learning all about Non-Fiction Books and how to find information from a text. We have been focusing on the features of non-fiction text such as: diagrams, headings, labels, bold texts, bullet points, contents page etc.
This week in Science we will be investigating the advantages and disadvantages of some common materials such as plastic, wood, metal and glass.
In topic (history) we will be learning about Samuel Pepys and King Charles ll and why they were important during the Great Fire of London.
For further information on home learning and spellings please see the attached template.
The home learning challenge for this week is to write a book review about your all-time favourite book. You can choose any book you enjoy and must include the following points:
- What is the title?
- Who is the author and the illustrator?
- How many stars would you give the book?
- Who are the characters?
- Where is the story set? (forest, castle, small village, outer space etc)
- What happened in the story?
- What is your favourite part?
- Why should someone read this book?
- You could also include a small picture of your character or the front cover.
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2, 3, 5 and 10 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently. (For children that are confident in these focus on 4, 6 and 7.)
- Number formation
- Number bonds to 10 and 20
- Partitioning of numbers using Tens and Ones (For children that are secure in this focus on partitioning Hundreds, Tens and Ones.)
- Odd and Even Numbers
- Doubling and Halving numbers
- Adding and Subtracting the multiples of 10
- Measuring objects with a ruler using CM
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
Writing simple sentences using capital letters, full stops and question marks
- Year 2 Spellings
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Adjectives in sentences
- Features of Non-Fiction texts.
Have an awesome weekend!!!
Miss Raval and Ms Young