Cyprus and Ithaca Blog: Week Beginning: 2.7.18
Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
We hope you have had a good rest.
In Literacy we will be learning about persuasive letter writing and its features. We will be looking at including rhetorical questions, emotive language, adjectives and how to discuss arguments for and against.
In Numeracy we will be learning about finding the factors and prime numbers in multiplication.
In topic this week we will be learning all about Morocco!!!!
Your home learning challenge this week is to create a booklet about Russia who is hosting the World Cup. In your research about Russia you need find out about the following.
- Capital City
- History about Russia
- Lake Baikal (the world’s deepest freshwater lake.)
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2-12 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently.)
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions and Decimals
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
- Converting minutes, seconds, hours, days, months and years
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplying decimals and dividing decimals by 10, 100 and 1000
- Formal Layout Division (Bus Stop Method)
- Finding Non-Unit Fractions of amounts
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with the same denominator and different denominators
- Converting measurement: Weight (grams, kilograms, tonne) Length (cm, m, mm, km) and Capacity (ml and litres)
- Reading and Writing Roman Numerals
- Negative Numbers
- Finding the perimeter of rectilinear shapes
- Co-Ordinates (reading, writing and plotting)
- Calculating money
- Translating Shapes
- Calculating Measure Problems
- Number sequences and Magic Squares
- Directions on a compass
- Factors and Prime Numbers
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks, commas, ellipses and brackets
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Writing complex sentences using verbs, adverbs, conjunctions and adjectives
- Writing in Paragraphs
Have a magnificent weekend.
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters