Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
We hope you have enjoyed your SIZZLING Bank Holiday Weekend!!!!
In Literacy this week we will be learning about persuasive writing in the form of creating adverts for a TV or radio advertisement.
In Numeracy we will be learning about finding the perimeter of rectilinear shapes and problem solving using our knowledge of finding non-unit fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
In Topic this week we will be learning about:
- What is a switch and how would one work?
Your home learning this week is to research a famous author (for example Jaqueline Wilson or Roald Dahl etc) but you can choose any author that you enjoy!! And write a short biography about their life. You may wish to include:
- Their Childhood
- Photos and pictures
- List of their famous books
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2-12 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently.)
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions and Decimals
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
- Converting minutes, seconds, hours, days, months and years
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplying decimals and dividing decimals by 10, 100 and 1000
- Formal Layout Division (Bus Stop Method)
- Finding Non-Unit Fractions of amounts
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with the same denominator and different denominators
- Converting measurement: Weight (grams, kilograms, tonne) Length (cm, m, mm, km) and Capacity (ml and litres)
- Reading and Writing Roman Numerals
- Negative Numbers
- Finding the perimeter of rectilinear shapes
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks, commas, ellipses and brackets
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Writing complex sentences using verbs, adverbs, conjunctions and adjectives
- Writing in Paragraphs
Have a superb weekend.
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters