We hope you are enjoying the snow and staying safe and warm!
This week we have started looking at dinosaurs. We read a story called ‘Dinosaur chase’. We looked at where dinosaurs lived and how they behaved a long time ago. We will continue this learning next week.
We learnt the sound ‘a’ this week and practiced how to write it. ‘around the apple and down the leaf’. Please have fun playing this game and try and get the children to hear the sounds at the start of the pictures, finding the odd one out.
We finished looking at how God made the world, we added animals and people to our world picture.
Due to the snow and the school being closed we will continue this weeks learning about dinosaurs next week. We will also be looking at numbers to 10 and 2D shape.
How you can help at home:
- Continue name writing.
- Explore the ‘s’ and ‘a’ sound. Talk about things you may have around the house and practise writing the sounds. ‘slither down the snake’ ‘around the apple down the leaf’.
- Talk about numbers that you see around you, the children now need to recognise numbers to 10 out of sequence.
- Talk about the changes in the seasons that the children may see at the moment. For example flowers growing and buds on trees.
Notes for parents:
Thank you very much for your support in making sure the children are smart for school however;
- Please can you ensure that the children are wearing the correct footwear, their footwear should be black.
- Please can you also ensure the children are wearing the correct colour jackets, our school colours are blue or black.
We will re-book our trip to Apples and Honey, we will keep you updated.
We would like to thank you for your ongoing support.
Mrs Herne, Mrs Bruno, Mrs Lowe and Mrs Cosma