This week we have been very busy! We have been learning more about dinosaurs. This week we focused on dinosaur activity at night and looking at meat eaters and veg eaters. We read ‘Dinosaurs in the night’, ‘Tyrannosaurus drip’ and we have had great fun moving to ‘Dinosaurumpus’.
In our phonics learning this week we re visited:
- s – slither down the snake
- a – around the apple down the leaf
- m – Maisy mountain, mountain
Our new sounds were:
- d – around his bottom, up his tall neck, down to his feet
- p – down his hair, up and around his face
Next week we will be learning:
- i – down his body, dot for his head
- n – down Nobby, over his net
In maths this week we continued looking at 2D shape. We were looking at everyday objects and talking about their shape. We will continue 2D shape next week.
In RE this week we learnt about mothers day. We looked at all the things our mum’s, grandma’s and aunt’s do for us and why we say thank you to them on mothers day. We hope you all have a relaxing Mothering Sunday full of love.
We played lots of games this week involving following instructions and describing objects in different ways, for example a big red bus/a small green apple.
This week we had lots of fun learning in the dark!! Mrs Herne gave us some torches and we used them to find our way in the dark. We explored the kind of animals that we might see in the dark at night and then imagined what we would like to see in the night if we could. We will be continuing this learning next week.
Next week we will be learning about:
- Eggs, dinosaur eggs and size.
- Holy communion and why we take it.
- Continuing our phonics learning.
- Continuing our 2D shape learning.
How you can help at home:
- Practice the sounds taught so far at home,
- Continue writing names,
- Look at 2D shape around your home.
Notes for parents:
- We are really enjoying using the mud kitchen however we are low on wellington boots, if you have any at home it would be great if you could bring them in for your child to use.
- We will be re-scheduling our trip to Apples and Honey and I will let you know more soon.
- It was great to see you all this week at the parents consultations, please let me know if there is anything I can do to support you further at home.
I would like to thank you for your ongoing support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe, Mrs Bruno, Mrs Cosma.