Daily Live lessons
9-10am please do some online reading on Epic or Read Theory.
Maths is 12-1pm
Please log in to the lesson 5 minutes before it is due to start so we can take the register. (English 9.55am, Maths 11.55am and Greek 2.25pm)
I would like your English learning to be uploaded to me after the lesson once it is completed. Also upload your topic learning. It can be uploaded whichever way is easiest for you – in a word document, a pdf, in 2write on Purple Mash, a photo of hand written learning etc.
Daily Grammar is here grammar starter
The picture starter is here
In English today we will be writing a newspaper report based on people who have gone missing at Whitby Abbey (based on the video from earlier this week). Please read the following links on missing people to familiarise yourself with newspaper articles before the lesson if possible
The 5 a day sats questions are here. We will split into groups for these in the lesson.
Mr Brock’s group may also need this link addition-pdf1
The mastery is all below. We will do the worksheet in the lesson and you can finish it independently afterwards. If you miss the lesson you can watch the input here: https://vimeo.com/498013311
Extensions bar challenges are here:
Afternoon topic learning
Today’s topic learning is DT. I would like you to try to do some cooking and make some tortillas for your family. If possible, I would also like you to try to make a Mayan house. There are some instructions on the link but you could try to make one out of any materials you have. If you can’t do either of these tasks please do some research on Maya houses and roads and present your findings any way you like. Please upload anything you have done.
The following links will help you:
I would also like you to watch the below music lesson:
Online learning rules
- Please log in to the lesson 5 minutes before it is due to start so we can take the register. (English 9.55am, Maths 11.55am and Greek 2.25pm)
- Always have paper and something to write with.
- Please use your own name. DO NOT make up a name, keep changing your name or call yourself admin.
- Do not unmute yourselves unless you are asked a question. I would prefer not to keep you permanently muted. To unmute yourself just click on the microphone mute icon.
- The chat box is for you to ask me a question or for you to answer a question in. It is not a general chat box. Non-learning chat is not to happen in the chat box.
- If you are allocated to a breakout room then this is the group I would like you to work with.
- When I am sharing my screen I am no longer able to see all of you at the same time. This means that I will randomly choose someone to answer. Please ensure you are at your screen so I do not have to scroll through the whole class.
- When I share my screen I cannot see the chat box. Therefore please do not try to ask too many things and send too many messages. I will keep looking at the chat box but it is easier if the messages are relevant.
- When I share my screen I am happy for the class to write the answers on the screen when I ask. However, I will ask individual children to take turns to do this. No one is to draw on the screen and I can see the names of everyone who writes on it!
- Please do not have the tv on in the background. This is distracting for everyone when you are unmuted.
- Please do not play video games at the same time as the lesson.
- Try to eat, drink or go to the toilet before or after the lesson.