Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium -2022-2023
The school will receive PE and Sports premium to fund “..additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, …..to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.” (extract from ESFA guidelines)
St Cyprian’s Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
That ALL pupils on leaving our school will be physically literate, equipped with the knowledge, skills and motivation for lifelong participation in physical activity and sport necessary to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
This we plan to do by continuing to:
1 To raise the profile of PE and sport within the school
- Increase participation of competitive sports with other schools in the Borough
- Expand the range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Provide training to PE and sports teaching staff to enable them to provide the highest standards of sports teaching and coaching to pupils.
PE Grant funding for 2022-2023 -£19,500
Sports Coaches, various entry fees to inter school sports events and resources: £15000
Multi sports pitch maintenance: £500
Minibus transport costs: £2000
In 2023-2024, the school anticipates PE Grant funding to be approximately £19080.
|Key achievements to date:
||Areas for further improvement and baseline evidence of need:
- Participation in events help by Croydon Schools Partnership
- Part of the Catholic Schools Partnership, attended athletics, cross country, girls & boys football
- Swimming for year 3 and 6
- Participation in Croydon Schools Football League.
- After school clubs - Football KS1 & KS2, basketball, multi sports KS1 & KS2, athletics, dance
- Football Team football training for boys & girls - including fitness training, lunchtime training and after school training
- Years 1 - 6 - Beep test, when possible, at the start of each term to monitor fitness levels
- Football tournaments/matches
- Have two table tennis tables, used at WAP around club and some lunchtimes
- Attended Cross Country with years 1 - 6
- Each year we send two Year 1/2 boys for trails with Chelsea FC, we have a good record of boys who have been selected to continue training
- Each year we send two Year 6 boys for trails with Croydon District. We have a good record of boys who have been selected to represent Croydon.
- We have had Crystal Palace Diving club come to school to select children for diving trails. We have had previous pupils who have won diving medals -32 were invited to Crystal Palace
- Panathlon Competition attended
- Cycle to School Scheme started in 2010
- 2015/16 got School Games Silver Mark
- Development of playground area
- In the past attended festivals in gymnastics, netball, football, basketball, hockey, tennis, athletics, table tennis, cricket, badminton, swimming, cross country, sports hall athletics, golf, KS1 Catholic Sports Day
- Each year we have a KS1 & KS2 sports day in the House Teams
- Team teaching with a Qualified Sports Coach
- Attended tag-rugby event
- Attended basketball event
- To continue to build up expertise & to develop confidence in the teaching of PE
- To introduce a diverse range of sporting activities
- To deliver a high-quality PE curriculum
- To support pupils to develop a healthy lifestyle & lifelong love of sport
- To achieve School Games Silver Mark again
- To again have sports leaders who can play games with younger pupils at lunchtime
- Continue to increase the participation of pupils in sports, especially competitive
- Look to formally assess Year 6's swimming ability. Encourage them all to swim 25m which is the national requirement
- To have a PE plan for each year group and sport we plan to teach
- Contact the FA to come offer a training day for teachers
- To have the Cricket Association come run a session for Year 5
- Monitor how many children do sporting activities outside of school
- Contact the Netball Association to come deliver netball training in school
- PE Coordinator to observe PE being taught by each teacher.
We help motivate children to participate in a variety of sports through quality teaching that is engaging and fun. From our lessons, our children learn to take responsibility for their own health and fitness, many of whom also enjoy the success of competitive sports. We equip our children with the necessary skills and a love for sport. They will hopefully grow up to live happy and healthy lives utilising the skills and knowledge acquired through PE. We link our physical health with our mental health and use this to encourage growth mind sets and well-being.
Children will achieve age related expectations in PE.
Children will enjoy sport and will seek additional extra-curricular activities both school and external to school related.
Participation levels in PE will be 100%.
Children will show a good understanding of healthy eating.
Children will use fitness and sports to improve their physical and mental health throughout their lives.
PE & Sports Grant 22-23
PE & Sports Grant 21-22
St Cyprian Primary PE and Sport Premium 2020 - 21
St Cyprian Primary PE and Sport Premium 20-21
PE & Sport Premium Report 2019-2020
PE and SPORTS GRANT REPORT 2018-2019
PE & SPORTS GRANT 17-18