Evidencing the Impact of Primary PE and Sport Premium -2020/ 21
The school will receive PE and Sports premium to fund “..additional and sustainable improvements to the provision of PE and sport, for the benefit of primary-aged pupils, …..to encourage the development of healthy, active lifestyles.” (extract from ESFA guidelines)
St Cyprian’s Vision for the Primary PE and Sport Premium
That ALL pupils on leaving our school will be physically literate, equipped with the knowledge, skills and motivation for lifelong participation in physical activity and sport necessary to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
This we plan to do by continuing to:
1 To raise the profile of PE and sport within the school
- Increase participation of competitive sports with other schools in the Borough
- Expand the range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Provide training to PE and sports teaching staff to enable them to provide the highest standards of sports teaching and coaching to pupils.
Proposed spend for 2020-2021
Sports Coaches: £13,000
Various entry fees to inter-school sports tournaments : £200 Minibuses: £1,000
Multi sports pitch maintenance: £600 PE resources: £3,000
Due to part school closure in 2019-2020, it is planned to spend an additional £2000 (c/f from 2019-2020) on PE and sports in 2020-21, the activities to be decided when more clarity is given on the current Covid 19 situation.
|Key achievements to date:
||Areas for further improvement and baseline evidence of need:
- Participation in events help by Croydon Schools Partnership
- Part of the Catholic Schools Partnership, attended athletics, cross country, table tennis
- Swimming established in January 2008, Year 3 attend for one and a half terms
- Participation in Croydon Schools Football League. Current Champions as last season competition not completed
- After school clubs - Football KS1 & KS2, basketball, multi sports KS1 & KS2, athletics, dance
- Football Team football training for boys & girls - including fitness training, lunchtime training and after school training
- Years 1 - 6 - Beep test when possible at the start of each term to monitor fitness levels
- Year 5 Football tournament at Dulwich College
- Have two table tennis tables, used at WAP around club and some lunchtimes
- Attended Cross Country with years 1 - 4, in previous Years 5 & 6 have also attended
- Each year we send two Year 2 boys for trails with Chelsea FC, we have a good record of boys who have been selected to continue training
- Each year we send two Year 6 boys for trails with Croydon District. We have a good record of boys who have been selected to represent Croydon.
- In previous years have had Crystal Palace Diving club come to school to select children for diving trails. We have had previous pupils who have won diving medals
- Years 1/2 took part in gymnastics competition and came 4th. Very close
- Reached the finals of Croydon sports hall athletics event. Finished 6th
- Attended badminton training & festival at South Croydon Sports Club with years 5/6
- Due to attend Futsal tournament in February but cancelled due to leak in sports hall
- Pedestrian training for Year 4
- Netball festival for year 4 girls at Shirley High School
- Panathlon Competition - March - cancelled due to Covid-19
- Cycle to School Scheme started in 2010
- 2015/16 got School Games Silver Mark
- Building of new astro pitch
- Development of playground area
- Tag Rugby came and ran sessions with Year 5. We attended festival
- In the past attended festivals in gymnastics, netball, football, basketball, hockey, tennis, athletics, table tennis, cricket, badminton, swimming, cross country, sports hall athletics, golf, KS1 Catholic Sports Day
- Each year we have a KS1 & KS2 sports day in the House Teams
- Made the finals of Gymnastics, representing Croydon at London Youth Games
- Team teaching with a Qualified Sports Coach
- Football coaching at lunchtimes with a Qualified Football Coach.
- To continue to build up expertise & to develop confidence in the teaching of PE
- To introduce a diverse range of sporting activities
- To deliver a high quality PE curriculum
- To support pupils to develop a healthy lifestyle & lifelong love of sport
- To achieve School Games Silver Mark again
- To again have sports leaders who can play games with younger pupils at lunchtime
- Continue to increase the participation of pupils in sports, especially competitive
- Look to formally assess Year 6's swimming ability. Encourage them all to swim 25m which is the national requirement
- To have a PE plan for each year group and sport we plan to teach
- Contact the FA to come offer a training day for teachers
- To have the Cricket Association come run a session for Year 5
- Monitor how many children do sporting activities outside of school
- Contact the Netball Association to come deliver netball training in school
- PE Coordinator to observe PE being taught by each teacher.
- During Covid 19 restrictions, ensure times for outdoor play and games are maintained.
- During Covid 19 Increase cross curricular links with PE.
- After Covid 19 restrictions are lifted, Year 3 swimming to resume.
St Cyprian Primary PE and Sport Premium 20-21
PE & Sport Premium Report 2019-2020
PE and SPORTS GRANT REPORT 2018-2019
PE & SPORTS GRANT 17-18