Governance at St Cyprian's
St Cyprian's Greek Orthodox Primary Academy is a church academy and as such we have Members, Foundation Governors and Parent Governors (Governors are some times referred to as Directors or Trustees).
- Members: appoint our Foundation Governors and oversee the governance of our school through the articles of association
- Foundation Governors: (Governors/Trustees/Directors) are appointed by the members to oversee the strategic running of the school with specific focus on preserving the religious character of the school, holding the school leaders to account and financial management
- Parent Governors: (Governors/Trustees/Directors) are elected by parents to provide a vital parent perspective to the Governing body
- Staff Governors: (Governors/Trustees/Directors) are elected by staff to bring an additional inner school working perspective
Our Role as Foundation and Parent Governors
As school governors we are passionate about St Cyprian's and want to make a positive contribution to our children's education. We are responsible for overseeing the strategic direction and management of the school.
We do not get involved in the day to day running of the school or its management. Our role is entirely strategic.
We keep our school vision statement at the heart of all that we do, including agreeing the school’s policies and our School Improvement Plan.
We work together focussing on:
1. Ensuring there is clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
2. Holding our school leaders to account for the educational performance of the school, its pupils and the performance management of staff
3. Overseeing the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent
4. Upholding the ethos of St Cyprian's, providing high quality education through the National Curriculum in the core subjects, enriched by the progressive teaching of the Greek Language and Christian Orthodox religion
Annual Statement of the Governing Body of St Cyprian’s Greek Orthodox Primary Academy
The annual statement of the governing body contains a list of each of our governors and members that support our St Cyprian's Greek Orthodox Primary Academy and includes the terms of reference of each our governing bodies. Annual Statement
Terms of Reference
Minutes of Meetings 2022 - 2023
Minutes of Meetings 2021 - 2022
Minutes of Meetings 2020 - 2021