Crete and Santorini Blog: Week Beginning: 17.9.18
Welcome to Crete and Santorini class,
This week in Numeracy we have been very busy focusing on odd and even numbers, finding sequences and doubling and halving numbers to 30 and beyond!
In Literacy we have been learning all about adjectives and how to describe characters and their feelings. This week we have learnt about The Gruffalo by Julia Donaldson and even learnt how to write a diary!!!
This week in Science we will be investigating different types of materials and objects. They will then learn to classify objects based on what they are made out of.
In topic (history) we will be learning about why the fire spread throughout London during 1666 and why did it start.
The home learning challenge for this week is to create a character profile for one of your favourite stories. You need to include in your writing:
- A description of what they look like.
- A description of what they enjoy doing.
- A description of their personality (what type of person are they?)
- Sentences that make sense.
- Punctuation in the correct places e.g. full stops and capital letters.
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2, 3, 5 and 10 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently. (For children that are confident in these focus on 4, 6 and 7.)
- Number formation
- Number bonds to 10 and 20
- Partitioning of numbers using Tens and Ones (For children that are secure in this focus on partitioning Hundreds, Tens and Ones.)
- Odd and Even Numbers
- Doubling and Halving numbers
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
- Writing simple sentences using capital letters, full stops and question marks
- Year 2 Spellings
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Adjectives in sentences
Have a fantastic weekend!!!
Miss Raval and Ms Young