People who help us – Fire services
This week we have been:
Learning about the fire services. We have been using non-fiction books to explore what firemen and women do, we have also been reading stories, playing with the fire station and pretending to be firemen and women.
In phonics we have been exploring sounds that you can make using our bodies.
In maths we have been learning about the number 7 and exploring 2D shapes. We have been looking closer at the shapes and thinking about how many sides/corners/points they have. We have been exploring shape at the playdough and on the lightbox.
In science this week we have been exploring wet and dry.
In RE we drew pictures of our families and learnt that God loves us and our families too!
Next week we will be:
- Learning about the police service.
- Learning about the number 8 and counting to 10.
- Learning about Gods house.
- Exploring liquid and solid.
How you can help at home:
- Please continue name writing.
- Look at the shapes you have in your home and talk about sides/corners etc.
Thank you for you support, Mrs Herne
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno.