People who help us – Bakers
This week we have been:
Learning about bakers. We read a story called ‘Barnaby’s cake shop’ where two girls went into a bakers shop and helped the baker to make a cake. We also read a story called ‘The gingerbread man’. We loved this story and used the story and characters in most of our learning this week. We have been retelling the story using puppets, counting using gingerbread men, making gingerbread men in the water tray using flour, water and sand, and we made gingerbread men biscuits!! As we had so much fun with the gingerbread man story we are going to continue this story next week.
In phonics this week we have been continuing to make sounds with our bodies and following instructions when playing ‘copy me’ games.
In RE we learnt about holy communion and why we have holy communion in church. We also pretended we were in church and role-played taking holy bread and wine (using grape juice).
Next week we will be:
- Continuing our learning through ‘The gingerbread man’ story.
- Revisiting 2D shapes.
- Learning about changes in the seasons, looking closer at winter.
- Continuing our Christmas learning and activities.
- Visiting our new friends at Apples and Honey Nursery.
How you can help at home:
- Read with the children and encourage them to record something in their yellow book.
- Encourage the children to draw and mark make in their green home learning books eg name writing/number formation/gingerbread man story or pictures etc.
Tuesday 4th December will be our trip to Apples and Honey Nursery, please ensure the children are in school before 8:50am and wearing full school uniform. The children will not need to take anything with them other than their coats, it would be helpful if the children did not bring their book bags to school on the day as we will not have time to change books or check home learning. Refreshments will be provided and we will be returning to school at 12:30pm (please pick up the children the same way).
Thank you for your support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Bruno and Mrs Lowe.