People who help us/Christmas
This week we have been:
Revisiting the ‘Gingerbread man’ story. We have continued using the story at the playdough table, in the water tray and telling the story using the house and puppets.
We had lots of fun when we visited Apples and Honey this week. We learnt about Hanukkah and why they light the candles on the menorah. We learnt a new song counting the candles on the menorah, made candle crowns and enjoyed exploring Apples and Honey nursery. We also tried to spin dreidels they are very tricky! We would like to say thank you to Apples and Honey for having us and for our lovely gifts.
We have started to read the ‘Christmas story’ and used the nativity scene to help us tell the story. This week we have spent a lot of time in the hall practising for our early years nativity! We are really looking forward to performing to the school and to our parents. Please can we have the children’s costumes in school for Monday 10th December so they are ready for the dress rehearsal.
Over the next few weeks we will be:
- Learning about the Christmas story and the reason we celebrate Christmas.
- Putting the finishing touches to our nativity play and performing it to you and the rest of the school.
- Focusing on rhythm and rhyme in phonics.
- Using ‘Christmas’ to explore all areas of learning.
- Learning about winter.
- Please ensure the children’s costumes are in school on Monday 10th December.
- Our nativity play will be on Thursday 13th December around 9:30am.
- Christmas lunch will be on Thursday 13th December, please fill out your letter and return the slip if you wish your child to stay for lunch on that day.
- Our class parties will be on Monday 17th December, a letter will come soon!
- We have mixed up the children’s home learning books and we are looking for Nina-Alice’s book. Can you please check your children’s bags and bring it in if you find it.
Thank you for all your on going support, Mrs Herne.
Mrs Lowe and Mrs Bruno