Cyprus and Ithaca Blog: Week Beginning: 11.12.17-18.12.17
Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
We have had a very busy week celebrating Christmas with all the Christmas card making, writing the Nativity story and illustrating it and singing at the Christmas production!!!!! We have also enjoyed a lovely Christmas lunch this week with all the trimmings 🙂
Our new topic in Geography next term will be researching all about why London is a great place to live.
Your Homework challenge over the holidays is to research a famous landmark in London. For example, the Shard, The Tower of London, Gherkin etc. and make either a model of the landmark out of recyclable material or a poster.
To accompany your model or your poster you must include some interesting facts that you have researched about your chosen landmark and also explain why you have chosen the landmark that you have.
Please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2-12
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplying decimals and dividing decimals by 100
For Literacy please can parents focus on sentence writing and including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks and commas
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Handwriting- it is clear and legible to read, joint up and in cursive
Thank you for all your support this term it has been very exciting and busy!!!
We would also like to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year and look forward to welcoming you all back with us again in 2018 for the Spring Term.
Have a magical Christmas and a wonderful New Year!!!!
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters