Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
We hope you have had a lovely weekend.
This week we will be celebrating Easter!!!!
We will be busy learning about the Easter Story and doing lots of fun Easter activities, we just can’t wait!!!! We will also do some revision in Numeracy and Literacy on units we have covered this term.
Over the holidays your homework challenge is to:
- Make an electrical device using recyclable materials such as IPhones, radios, cameras, televisions and tablets etc
You will then need to investigate the uses of electricity and why it is so important. Once you have done this you are going to pretend that there has been a power cut for 1 day and the whole world has no electricity!!! What will you do in ‘A day without Electricity?’
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2-12 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently.)
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions and Decimals
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplying decimals and dividing decimals by 10, 100 and 1000
- Formal Layout Division (Bus Stop Method)
- Finding Non-Unit Fractions of amounts
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with the same denominator and different denominators
- Converting measurement: Weight (grams, kilograms, tonne) Length (cm, m, mm, km) and Capacity (ml and litres)
- Ordering numbers and partitioning into Thousands, Hundreds, Tens and Units
- Negative Numbers
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks, commas, ellipses and brackets
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Writing complex sentences using verbs, adverbs, conjunctions and adjectives
- Writing in Paragraphs
Have a fantastic Easter break and we look forward to welcoming you back in the Summer Term!!!
Happy Easter !!!!!!
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters