Cyprus and Ithaca Blog: Week Beginning: 22.1.18
Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
In Literacy, we have been focusing on explanation texts and the features of an explanation and information. We will also learn how to plan and write our own pieces of information and how to write factually.
In Numeracy, we have been learning how to calculate and find the Perimeter of a shape. We have also been learning about Positive and Negative numbers. We learnt how to recognise these numbers and add and subtract to and from these numbers. We also focused on comparing negative and positive numbers using the more than and less than symbols.
In Geography, this week have been learning all about the EU and the countries that make up Europe.
In Science, we have been learning about the Water Cycle and conducted an experiment to investigate the process. We also investigated how temperature affects the rate of evaporation. During the experiment we also learnt about key vocabulary such as: evaporation, condensation, precipitation and accumulation/collection.
This week you are an adventurer/explorer that has the opportunity to go anywhere in the world. You need to write a report on a country that you would most like to visit and why? You need to include:
- Information about your chosen destination
- How can you get there?
- Why do you want to visit that country?
- Pictures/Drawings of the country or what you would like to see
- What would you do once you arrived at your destination?
Extra Revision Tasks
Please can parents focus on:
- Times Tables 2-12
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with the same denominator
- Formal Layout Division and Multiplication
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
For Literacy please can parents focus on sentence writing and including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks, commas, ellipses and brackets
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
Have a phenomenal weekend!!!
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters