Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
We hope you have had a fabulous weekend.
In Literacy, we will continue to learn about Sci-Fi and Fantasy texts and will dive into our imaginations to become authors of either Sci-Fi or Fantasy genres by planning, writing and editing our own stories.
In Numeracy, we will be learning about how to add and subtract fractions with the same denominator. We will also learn about converting units of measure using our multiplication and division skills and will learn how to convert kilometres, metres and centimetres.
In Science this week we will be investigating:
- How ears work and how can we listen to sound?
- How does pitch impact on hearing?
Your Homework challenge this week is to investigate an endangered animal or species and write a persuasive letter to Wild Life Alliance explaining:
- What animal or species is endangered?
- Why is it endangered?
- Where is its habitat?
- Why do we need to protect these endangered animals/species?
- What can we do to protect them from being endangered or extinct?
- You could also include pictures of the animal, its habitat and where it can be found.
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2-12 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently.)
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplying decimals and dividing decimals by 100
- Formal Layout Division (Bus Stop Method)
- Finding Non-Unit Fractions of amounts
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with the same denominator
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks, commas, ellipses and brackets
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Writing complex sentences using verbs, adverbs, conjunctions and adjectives
- Writing in Paragraphs
Have a restful weekend!
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters