Welcome back to Cyprus and Ithaca class,
We hope you have had a relaxing weekend and enjoyed the snow!!!
In Literacy, we will be learning about the features of persuasive texts with a focus on identifying and employing informal and formal language within writing.
In Numeracy, we will be learning about dividing decimals and whole numbers by 10 and 100. We will also learn how to collect data read and understand data and convert data into a Line Graph.
In Science this week we will be investigating:
- How pitch and volume impacts sound and vibration
Due to school closing last week the home learning challenge has been repeated this week. This is to allow all children to investigate endangered animals and species and participate in conducting some independent research and writing.
Your Homework challenge this week is to investigate an endangered animal or species and write a persuasive letter to Wild Life Alliance explaining:
- What animal or species is endangered?
- Why is it endangered?
- Where is its habitat?
- Why do we need to protect these endangered animals/species?
- What can we do to protect them from being endangered or extinct?
- You could also include pictures of the animal, its habitat and where it can be found.
On Mathletics and at home please can parents focus on and revise with children:
- Times Tables 2-12 (this is imperative and all children are required to know all multiplication confidently.)
- Mental maths and number operations using addition, subtraction, multiplication and division
- Equivalent Fractions and Decimals
- Converting Time from 12hr to 24hr and 24hr to 12hr
- Rounding to the nearest 10, 100 and 1000
- Multiplying decimals and dividing decimals by 10 and 100
- Formal Layout Division (Bus Stop Method)
- Finding Non-Unit Fractions of amounts
- Adding and Subtracting Fractions with the same denominator and different denominators
For Literacy focus on sentence writing including:
- Capital letters and full stops
- Exclamation marks, speech marks, commas, ellipses and brackets
- Connectives ensuring that sentences make sense
- Writing complex sentences using verbs, adverbs, conjunctions and adjectives
- Writing in Paragraphs
Have a wonderful weekend!
Miss Raval and Mrs Winters